Friday, June 17, 2011

The Upside down Angel

The Upside Down Angel
by St. Eve

Page 1
There once was a heavenly angel named Onawa.
 
She is so great, that her hair goes beyond our Galaxy, the Milky Way. As one of the eternals, her job is to look after the stars up in heaven. She helps with the birth of new baby stars and the old grandma and grandpa stars. She's even there when they go Super Nova, that's when a star dies. Onawa holds their powerful lives in her loving hands.
 
Page 2 
One day Onawa heard God laughing His eternal laugh. It's easy to hear Gods laughter, because everything was giggling and shaking with silly little jiggles. So, Onawa asked "Hey daddy-o, what are you creating?". The reply she heard in her loving thoughts, which is where God likes to speak to us. "Onawa, this may be my greatest creations, I've created Humans with free will."
 
Page 3 
This made Onawa feel a little jealous. She always thought that she was the greatest creation. "So, where are these humans anyway" she pouted, "I can barely see this planet or anything on it!".
< pic on page six/>
 
"That's OK, I'll show you." She heard the quiet inner voice of God.
 
She felt the Light of heaven wrap all around her and her vision focus as if she was going through a tunnel. Then a vision of the beautiful blue planet grew larger and closer. Through the clouds there was a long field with people at one end and a river running along the side. Some children ran across the field and laughed.
 
God spoke to her with love, "After sending the Aqua angel with her liquid blue feathers, I added a bit of clay and filled them with my holy breath." Onawa felt the pride God has for this planet. As she listened dreamily to the clear inner voice of her creator. Now the blue planet seemed quite different and she wondered, "What would it be like down there?".
 
"You may not like it Onawa, it's no place for an Angel of your size. It's a tiny place and time moves very slowly. I made it this way, so people could have time to review their choices. However, on Earth you may think you're powerless and without Me." "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" she exclaimed. "Why make such a place?"
 
She felt filled with Loving compassion as God patiently explained. 
 
"Well, humans can choose what they want. They get to pick if they want to explore on their own or dance and play with me. They can even pretend I don't exist if they choose."
 
"Oh My!" 
 
<edit1>
"Removing my infinite self from their world, except for choice, gives humans the ability to create things in ways that I could and would never do. They get to explore on their own and if they make mistakes they have some time to correct themselves. Yet, when they choose to Love one another, they invite me back to them. We dance and play, extending my creation even further than ever before. That's why I said they're my greatest creation" </edit1> 
 
She was so filled with Love now and that was all she really needed. Yet, she was still curious, "I just don't get why you would make a place where your children would think they're all alone?"
 
"I'll always be in each of their hearts and when they come together by helping and Loving each other they can be right with me. That make me so happy. Sometimes I'm so tickled with joy that I just have to laugh."
"So-o-o that's what that laughing was all about." she beamed.
"Yes, Yes" the Universe replied.
 
Page 7
"I would really like to go to earth and try this creation out" she thought. "Oh no Onawa, you shouldn't"
 After tidying up after and old star she kept asking over and over.
"All of my baby stars are in the nursery and I wouldn't be gone long, you said so yourself" she insisted.
The next thing she felt was a pull at the pack of her neck. She was falling backwards and spinning round and round.
Down and down backwards she went, it got darker and darker. Then THUD!
 
She landed on her back in a long field. Her wings were pressed tightly into her side and back so tight she almost didn't know they were there. She had to be made invisible since she was brighter than many suns.
 
"The Lord was right, this place is smaller than I could have imagined."
Instead of the vastness of the heavens at her feet, it was over her head!?!
"This place truly is upside-down" she thought."
 
Page 9 At the other end of the field there was a group of  men and a lot of commotion. Wondering what was going on she went over for a look.
There was a man on the bridge and he looked like he was going to jump. "No no" she thought and flew over to stop the man from jumping. The man felt her force next to him, turned away and ran.
 
"Why is he running so?, Why would he be afraid of me?" She thought, but did not hear Gods inner voice for the first time ever. Then she saw the other men chasing him waving swords and yelling "get him, there he goes!" "Uh, oh what's going on here, what have I done" she puzzled "Did I mess this up?" She tried to stop them but, kept frightening and making them more upset. "What's going on everything I do here is backwards". Still, there was no reply.
 
Page 11
Thinking of the lovely blue planet, her sister Aqua angel and how much God loves this place. She felt confused. God loves every part of creation so much but, "Why is everything so upside down and backwards?" she asked in the part of her heart where love flows. "Onawa, the earth is a little backwards and upside down. I had to make it that way so humans can truly make their own choices."  
</Edit This>
 
"OK, OK I've had enough. It broke her heart to see them fighting. "Mine too" the Lord exclaimed. She wanted to change it, but how? She wanted to show them but, she was invisible. She opened up here heart where there was great love and sadness for them. "Somehow I like this little blue place." Yet, she decided to return to heaven.
 
As her wing opened up and flapped, something unusual happened to the men. They saw her light flicker each time her wings flapped forward. The light of her soul (and that is all of her), was so bright and filled with love that the men stopped their fighting. She spread out her wings even further and waves of light rippled over the group of men. This released their shadows and washed over them with her love.
As she rose up they could see her beauty and they knelt and wept.
 
Page 13
When Onawa made it home she was very tired and needed to rest. "I tried to warn you Onawa" God's voice echoed in her head. Without listening she fell completely asleep, something angels rarely do. As she slept she dreamt about the man on the bridge. In the dream they were together in peace. She longed to visit the bule planet again.
THE END 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment